Saturday, July 10, 2010

Geji Geji!

Usually I am okay with bugs, with the exception of spiders. I think it has to do with the legs. If something has more than 4 or 6 legs, I tend to not like it. Today we were in the backyard doing yardwork when I saw an uncountable number of legs sticking out of a beam on our patio roof. It was disgusting, and I might have freaked out a little bit. After further research, I found that it is a Geji, a household centipede that eats cockroaches and other bugs, and it is considered a good bug in Japan. I am still disgusted, and hope that I never find one inside the house.

4 comments:

  1. Will and Ruth DukeJuly 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM

    You are right; this is a good guy to have aound the house. He kills and eats things that can actually hurt you. We have them in the states, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are like AJ bugs! i found one onetime and brought it to the entomology dept and they put it in a vial for me. I still have it =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't seen any bugs inside the house yet, so hopefully it's a good thing they aren't inside. Nothing for them to eat! We have a man hole in the backyard, and I bet it's eating cockroaches out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot about the dorm bugs! This is just like it, only bigger. Yuck! I miss AJ.... :)

    ReplyDelete