Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Frozen Baby Pumpkin

This adorable little squash is what the Japanese call pumpkins.  I was a little devastated this fall when all of the pumpkin flavors tasted like squash, and not the yummy pumpkin spice flavor that means fall to me in the states.  But, I have since acquired a taste for squash treats.



I have seen frozen fruits filled with ice-cream and sorbet in other restaurants in Japan, but I had never seen a pumpkin before.  I was SO excited about the pumpkin I almost didn’t order anything else to eat.  A frozen pumpkin filled with pumpkin ice-cream? Impossible to resist! This was by far the highlight of my trip, and I have a hard time remembering anything else we did in comparison to the pumpkin (which included a trip to a gold mine, a boat ride through ocean caverns, and a monkey park). Clearly nothing comparable to a frozen baby pumpkin filled with pumpkin ice-cream.

3 comments:

  1. This was a great book I read about English teachers familly assemilating to Japanese culture a long time ago. Check it out. http://www.amazon.com/Gaijin-Kenneth-Fenter/dp/0930693027
    Banjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! I'm always looking for great books to read about life in Japan.

    ReplyDelete